In the admission process for our Executive MBA programs, we select managers and professional experts who fit the respective profiles of our programs. The student admission and selection process is the same for all three of our EMBA programs.
The formal requirements for admission
- Master’s entry qualification (Bachelor, Diploma, Magister, “Staatsexamen”)
- At least 3 years of professional experience, initial leadership experience is an advantage
- Proficiency in English (skills will be assessed during the admission process)
- Passing the multi-stage admissions process successfully
Your application process
Applications are accepted throughout the year for the EMBA in General Management and EMBA in Business & IT.
As the EMBA in Innovation & Business Creation only has one intake per year, we only accept applications to the program in the run up to the summer semester.
- Consultation (Info-Session, online, by telephone or in person)
- Registration and submission of your application documents
- Evaluation of the candidate’s application documents against the central TUM admission requirements, considering also the candidate’s motivation and aims for pursuing an Executive MBA
- Pre-selected candidates will be invited for a face-to-face or virtual interview
Last call for the for the summer semester 2020.
We offer different application rounds:
- November 15, 2019
- January 15, 2020
- February 15, 2020
In the event that you have missed the final round of 15 February, but still hope to start this summer semester, we would ask that you approach us directly for a consultation on your individual application options.
The application period for the winter semester always runs from April 1 until August 15.
NOW LET’S GET STARTED!
Both national and international applicants must register on TUMonline to start their application process.
In addition, all applicants who obtained their Master entrance qualification in a country outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland, must apply for a verification document via uni-assist. You can have your documents reviewed by uni-assist at any time of the year, and indeed we strongly recommend prospective students who need to apply to uni-assist to do so in good time. At peak periods, the uni-assist process can take up to six weeks to complete.
Special conditions for certain countries: Applicants from China and Vietnam need to be aware of additional requirements.
Upload all required documents to TUMonline
Please upload a PDF of the following documents:
- signed application for admission form (will be generated as a PDF document in your applicant account once the online application has been submitted electronically.)
- Complete and current resume/CV: without chronological gaps, on a monthly basis and in English
- Letter of Motivation: in English
- Proof of at least three years of relevant professional work experience e.g., confirmation from employer, job reference letter or similar (internships do not count), in case of self-employment/own business a certificate of registration is required.
- Subject and grade transcript of the first university degree (including all passed modules, credits and the final grade)
- Grading system with the maximum and minimum passing grade (often included in the transcript of records)
- Copy of your passport
- If the original documents are not in English or German, please attach a certified translation of the documents
- If required: Preliminary review documentation (VPD) by uni-assist.e.v
- In addition, for the Executive MBA in Innovation & Business Creation program: please upload an Essay on TUMonline
You will receive feedback on your application as soon as possible, generally within four weeks.
We will invite you for a personal admission interview if you fulfill the central TUM requirements and pass the first stage of the application process.
The admission-interview is held in English by our admission committee. During the interview, alongside English skills, the applicant’s motivation, dedication, abilities and experiences will be assessed. For the Executive MBA in Innovation & Business Creation entrepreneurial skills will also be assessed.
Enrollment at TUM
After the successful completion of both stages of our admission process and the formal acceptance of the study place, further documents will be required to complete your enrollment:
Please upload a PDF of the following documents:
- Passport style photo (for your Student ID)
- In addition, if you under age of 30: Proof of health insurance
- In addition, if you have previously been enrolled at a German university:
Please send the following required documents, ideally all in a single envelope, by post to: Technische Universität München, Studierenden Service Zentrum, Abteilung Bewerbung und Immatrikulation, Arcisstraße 21, 80333 München